The best way to assure pool safety is to be informed and aware of your surroundings. Pools are for fun and relaxation, nobody wants to think about potential situations while they are trying to relax. You also don’t want to constantly worry about your pool being a potential hazard to others. To avoid situations are your pool, here are some Pool Safety Tips to consider before you plan to relax.
Water Safety Skills:
- Learn how to swim and teach your child how to swim
- Learn to perform CPR on children and adults, and update those skills regularly
- Understand the basics of life-saving so that you can assist in a pool emergency
Suggest Pool & Spa Equipment
- Install a four-foot or taller fence around the pool and spa and use self-closing and self-latching gates; ask your neighbors to do the same at their pools.
- Install and use a lockable safety cover on your spa.
- If your house serves as a fourth side of a fence around a pool, install door alarms and always use them. For additional protection, install window guards on windows facing pools or spas.
- Install pool and gate alarms to alert you when children go near the water
- Ensure any pool and spa you use has compliant drain covers, and ask your pool service provider if you do not know
- Maintain pool and spa covers in good working order
- Consider using a surface wave or underwater alarm
There are many ways that you can prevent situations from arising in your pool but the most important thing to consider is just being ready. At The Pool Master Service, we take pool safety very serious. If there is anything we can do to help make your pool a safer place for you, your family, and those near your pool, please contact us.